Thursday, January 3, 2013

week 6...

Well, this week has by far been the most eventful, mostly because we were in MEXICO!! SO much fun:)
I was a little worried about getting sick on our vacay, so I took some anti-nausea stuff with me, just in case.
On the day I turned 6 weeks, which was a wed., I got heat stroke and major sea-sickness...that mixed with pregnancy did not bode well. I felt like death from that morning until Thursday evening at around 7, and I'm pretty sure it was only due to the fact that I started taking the meds I had brought with me that I even started feeling better.
For the next day or so I felt fine, and so I stopped taking them.
The effect of the meds wore off somewhere around sat. morning, as I started getting sick again, and joy of joys have been sick 24-7 since that day! ha ha...it's not bad enough for me to take anything for it, I can handle it.
My first 2 pregnancies I was mostly just sick if I waited longer than 2 hours in between eating, and every morning, and mostly every evening. The sickness was a lot more hardcore then. Right now I just have a gradual nausea, that I can handle, but it just NEVER goes away...I mean never.
From the minute I open my eyes in the morning until I fall asleep at night, I'm sick. Even if I wake up in the middle of the night to pee (weird, I know, right? ha ha)...I'm sick.
Alas, this is what babies to do you...but their cute, so whatev.

Some new things:
-I forgot about my constant stuffy nose/bleeding noses...it usually happens every day of my pregnancies...yay me!
-I haven't had another leg cramp yet, fingers crossed!
-The daily nausea makes it really difficult to eat, and I NEVER want to eat, or enjoy any food at all, I have a hard time even swallowing it down...which is super weird for me. I can't remember ever feeling this way. I mean, who doesn't love a good turkey dinner? Me, apparently.
-The hubby still thinks it's a girl, and is sticking to the name "Rolling Thunder".
-We've had a few friends "find out", it was a little tricky keeping it secret in Mexico, considering my sicknesses, lack of taking any of the pills offered to me for motion sickness and my freaking out over "making sure" every drink was virgin...I may have gone a little crazy about that last part, ha ha. So much for keeping it a secret!

I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment