Tuesday, October 4, 2011

We do not doubt our mothers knew it...and other tales

One of my favorite stories from the Book of Mormon is that of the stripling warriors...specifically their mothers. I love that it says:        
          (alma chapter 53)
 "20 And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for acourage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all—they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted.

 21 Yea, they were men of truth and asoberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to bwalk uprightly before him.
                                                    (alma chapter 56)
47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the aliberty of their bfathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their cmothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
 48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their amothers, saying: We bdo not doubt our mothers knew it.


That last line is my absloute favorite....it is what continues to make me want to strive to be like those mothers. If I am full of faith, my children will know it....and therefore be strengthened by and through my testimony of my Savior. 
As A and I were reading "My First Book of Mormon Stories" this morning...and I was amazed at the wealth of knowledge that he already has. I wish that I could take credit for it...but I think it has a lot to do with his amazing primary teachers, whom I am forever grateful for. 
As we read about the prophet Abinadi, A said: "I know that guy....there was a man who was listening to him, and he believed what he was saying, so he got up and ran away. The bad guys tried to follow him, but they couldn't catch him...and he ran and wrote down all of the things that he had heard."
Wow! He completely re-told me the story...and this happened throughout the stories that we read...he knows so much, and has such a sweet spirit about him. 
I am continually grateful that I get to raise such precious and sweet children...they teach me so much, and I love them for it. 
Sometimes I wonder if they should be the ones teaching me....
well...until something like this happens(thanks to little roo-roo):


Yup...my make-up is totaled....oh well, I guess there are a few things I can still teach them yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment