Friday, October 7, 2011

Impatiently praying for patience...

Why oh why am I SO impatient? I'm not sure...but I am, it's deeply embedded in my bones. 
I have to try SO hard to get rid of it, on a continual basis...and it's not really working. 
I started yoga a few weeks ago...and don't get me wrong, I LOVE it...but it's so slow and relaxing...I'm just not much of a relaxing person...high-strung much? ha ha
For instance, I can't stand getting massages, because I just think of ALL of the work that I could be doing, things I could be getting done etc...and I just can NOT relax...at all...so I usually opt for either no massage, or a short 1/2 hour one....even at that I feel impatience.
Yoga is the same way....while we are relaxing and cooling down at the end, I find it IMPOSSIBLE to completely relax and/or clear my mind of all thought...that NEVER happens....I'm always thinking!
Usually when I work out, I only make it through MAYBE 20 minutes or a work-out class, then switch to the next thing...and never work out for too long, because I'm always thinking of what comes NEXT!!


That's my issue...I have a hard time living IN the moment...enjoying the MOMENTS...I just keep thinking of how things will/won't turn out, and what I need to be doing next, and all of the things I could possibly be forgetting about....it's a disease I tell ya. 
Well, lately I've been impatiently waiting...surprise, surpirse...for SO many things it seems. Every single trial or tribulation right now revolves around patience. 
Waiting for jobs, or maybe school instead...waiting for this house we're trying to buy...waiting for a baby...EVERYTHING in my life is on HOLD...and it's just not how I like to roll!! ha ha
So....I impatiently pray for patience....with my kids, my hubby, my family, my life in general....everything pretty much...and I hope it comes. 
As you may know, President Monson (the prophet of our church and one pretty smart dude) said this:

"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family."

That's where I'm trying to get. I constantly am stopping and reminding myself to relish the small moments, enjoy my kids at this age, enjoy only having two kids, enjoy not having to worry about a house, or baby, work or school...just ENJOY this "middle phase" of our lives. 
Some more bits of precious knowledge from Pres. Monson:

"My brothers and sisters, there is no tomorrow to remember if we don’t do something today."
"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."

Is this not so true? We need to stop and look at our children, get down on the ground and play with them...enjoy them, love them...and tell them we love them.

We will all have trials and tribulations...some great, some small...but we need to treasure these times... treasure the beautiful moments spent with our kids and treasure the testimony-strengthening trials that we have been BLESSED and TRUSTED to go through.

"Stresses in our lives come regardless of our circumstances. We must deal with them the best we can. But we should not let them get in the way of what is most important—and what is most important almost always involves the people around us. Often we assume that they mustknow how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let them know. Wrote William Shakespeare, “They do not love that do not show their love.”

I'll end on this little note of treasure, from our beloved prophet:

"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows."




No comments:

Post a Comment