Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Room re-do #2





After this LAST POST about how I wanted to re-do the room....it has actually come quite a long ways. I thought I'd post some pictures so you can see for yourself!
This was the BEFORE of the room, once we had mudded

This was after the sanding and priming was done

Finished product, fresh with 2 coats of paint

in  the middle of sanding the doorway..it was pretty banged up too

the finished product, but it still has the ugly curtain that I hope to change out  really soon!

One thing that I really didn't take into account, was that my hubby's parents would be staying in this room for a while. So, although I would love to do all of the cute decor that I posted about last time, I'm going to have to wait until it's actually a spare room again...until then, the paint will have to do. 
I'm really looking forward to re-doing the toy room. I plan on using the same grey color on the top half of the room, with a little white ledge halfway, and white below. Then I will add my sweet little diddy of a dresser...which is
the project that I'm in the middle of doing right now.


Here is an awesome "before" picture to tie you over! 

 

I'm kind of loving the original knobs...although having a hard time deciding whether to keep them silver or spray them black....hmmm....well, the "after" post should be coming up soon!! Hopefully in the next couple of days:)



1 comment:

  1. It looks loads better already! I love that a can of paint can do wonders for a room! Also, can't wait to see what you're doing to that dresser!

    ReplyDelete