Tuesday, April 5, 2011

workin' out...or not...

For all those who are wondering how my whole "working-out-ness" is going...ha ha...it was going much better previously. I'm back to craving unhealthy snacks and not having very good endurance. 
I went through a few weeks with a cold, and it took its toll on my work out routine. Its so much harder to get back into the groove once you've been out of it for a while. 
Recently I decided that having a dress be my "getting skinny" reward just wasn't working for me.Its too far in the future, and not tangible enough for me. 
So....I LOVE (or at least thought I did...ha ha) AQUAFIT!!! My idea was, if I do my work out at home every day, then my reward can be going to aquafit 2 days a week. Which is a great idea in theory, but when I went tonight....whoo-whee! It was WAY harder than I had remembered. And with my endurance level down so low...it was craziness. After the first 15 minutes (which felt like 15 hours) I was SO ready to give up. The lady next to me said "If I can do this, you can do it...I'm almost 50!" ha ha...and she was right...I stuck through my agonizing muscle cramps and made it through. 
Moral of the story....NEVER stop working out...ha ha...hiatuses just aren't worth the hassle. I'll post again in a week or so and tell you how well my new routine is going! Hopefully good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment