Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Gooey Sticky buns recipe....yum!! :)

Upon is the recipe!!

                                Andy's Sticky Buns recipe:


3 3/4 C. Flour
1/3 C. Sugar
1 Tsp. Salt
2 packages of active-dry yeast
1 C. heated milk
1 egg
1/3 C. butter, softened

3/4 C. dark brown sugar
1/2 C. unsalted butter
1/4 C. light corn syrup

3/4 C. pecan halves

2 tbsp butter, softened

1/3 C pecans, chopped
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

How to:

Mix 2 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, salt and yeast in large bowl. Add heated milk, egg and 1/3 c. of butter, beat at low for a minute or so. Add flour if necessary*. 
Put on a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. 
Grease a bowl and put the douugh in it. Cover it with a towel and let rise for 1 1/2 hrs. 

Stir constantly 3/4 C. of brown sugar and 1/2 c. of butter to boiling. remove from heatand add the corn syrup. Pour into a 9x13 and sprinkle with pecan halves. 

Mix pecans, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp broan sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. 

Flatten dough into rectangle about 15x10 inches. Spread with 2 tbsp of butter, then dust with pecan filling mixture. 
Beginning at the 10 inch, roll up tightly and pinch edge closed. Roll and stretch, mold until cylindrical. 
Cut into 8. Place in pan, not touching. 
Wrap tightly and refrigerate for 12 hours**. 
Bake at 350 degrees fro 35 minutes. 
Take them out and flip them upside down onto a cutting board or baking sheet, so the caramel drizzles over.

-I had to proof my yeast first, and did it with water, instead of milk, so when I added it, I used 1/2 of the milk and then the water/yeast mixture. It turned out just fine this way, so if your a non-dairy person, you could probably use all water and no milk at all.
-*When it says "add flour if necessary", I added 1/2 cup at a time while mixing intermittently, I ended up adding quite a bit to get the right consistency. 
-I used light brown sugar and dark brown corn syrup, so don't worry if you don't have the exact kind.
-I cut my rolls the opposite way, so they weren't as wide, but I ended up getting 15 smaller ones, instead of 8 big ones. 
-**I didn't want to refrigerate overnight, so I let them rise right away. I warmed the oven, then turned it off, and let them rise in the warm oven. I'm pretty sure it was less than a 1/2 hr and they were huge.
-I think because of how huge and close together they got (I would probably use 2 9x13's if cutting it the way I did) they were a little dry. So I made the caramel mixture again, and poured them over top and then put them in the after-warmth of the oven...that way they were really gooey, and drizzled over the sides...yum!!

Thanks Andy for the awesome recipe!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment