Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The End of my shampoo-less hair (with before and after pics)

Well...it's over. 

I had been feeling for a while that I should just go back to shampoo-ing, as I was not getting the results I had hoped for. 

I was waiting to do this until I got a nice salon-style healthy shampoo, and not just a junky over-the-counter like I used to use. I figured my hair had probably gotten pretty healthy over the last little while, and I'd like to keep it that way. 

I have a friend who owns a salon and she was dying to wash my hair, ha ha..it probably grossed her out seeing it every other other day! Lucky for me, I got the full treatment...scalp massage included:)
She had to rinse it out for a long time and shampoo it three times! It was pretty full of oil. 

It did look super healthy though, which has never happened with my hair, so I do think that it really helped in that regard. 

It just didn't help make it drastically less oily. Better than before though, it doesn't starting getting oily for a couple of days after a shampoo, when it used to be oily daily. 

So YES, I'm glad I did it. 

And here's some pictures throughout the process...

 A week or so in...before the baking soda rinse...



Right after the baking soda rinse...way cleaner, but not as soft...



Several weeks in...pre-wash


Directly post-wash...
(still baking soda)


Right before the BIG wash...really healthy, but not as soft and natural as I wanted...


Finally...11 or 12 weeks after starting this whole thing...washed and styled...and healthy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment