Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Dresser and stools re-do

I don't have very good pictures of these projects, but here is what I did. 

After the table I did, I had some chalk paint, and wanted to use it because it's SO awesome!

I had 2 black stools that really didn't fit with my old/antique random-chair look. I took these stools and put 2 coats of thinner chalk paint on them. 

Here's A helping out:

After drying, I watered down some dark stain and rubbed it on. I wiped it off right away, because I didn't want it to be too dark. 
The last step is sanding...I just roughed it up a bit to make it look older. Then of course, ended with the wax again.

I don't have a close-up of the finished product, so you'll just have to zoom in on this:

With the last of the chalk paint, I was able to put a little more than 2 coats on this oak-veneer dresser we found. It wasn't enough for complete coverage, or I would've kept it all white. 

I took some grey paint I had leftover from my last dresser re-do (you can see a picture of it in the link) and watered it down and rubbed it on. I immediately wiped it off, so it was just a really slight color. 


We sanded it with a small piece of sandpaper, just to rough it up a little. Then finished with the Diamond Glaze polyeurathane, the same stuff I used on the dresser and table. 

Then we added the knobs, and Voila! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment